What is a high-performance culture? Why do businesses need to focus on culture?
A high-performance company culture embodies the beliefs, values, and practices that support company achievement and growth. Such a culture improves company performance by providing a stable, supportive employee experience.
For any company seeking to improve retention, meet its goals, and foster healthy growth, a strong high-performance culture is a must.
Benefits of a High Performance Culture
The benefits of a high-performance business culture are well documented. When companies express their values and beliefs through their people processes:
- Engagement and productivity increase. Companies with strong cultures routinely outperform others on engagement and productivity measures.
- Innovation and skills development flourish. Strong high-performance cultures enable team members to innovate, create, and develop skills needed to tackle tough times ahead.
- Employee retention improves. A strong high-performance culture is commonly found in companies with high employee retention rates.
- Overall performance improves. Companies with strong high-performance cultures show better metrics in a wide range of areas than companies with weaker cultures.
Fostering a High Performance Culture
Not all businesses have a high performance culture, but any organization can foster such a culture within its walls. Here are five tried and true methods for building a high performance culture:
- Define your business’s purpose and connect people to this purpose. Make sure your teams understand how their daily tasks connect to the “big picture.”
- Set clear, inspiring goals. Encourage team members to reach just a big for each goal. Connect goals to the “big picture” so teams find purpose in their work.
- Support innovation and experimentation. Give teams opportunities to innovate – and the space required to risk failure.
- Use continuous feedback to boost confidence. It’s easier for teams to move ahead and take risks when they have regular feedback and context for their work.
- Create common standards for tracking and measurement. Metrics help your team focus on the right things at the right moment. Use a set of common standards to help teams focus and understand the context of their successes and failures.
Reach Out to Our Experts Recruiters at EPC Today!
A strong business culture is a must to help your teams do their best work and meet business goals. A staffing partner can help you find the people and craft the policies needed to support a healthy workplace culture. Talk to the recruiters at Employment Professionals Canada today to learn more.